This energiser takes Morse code to a new level to energise your feet.
I have added some step by step instructions below.
Morse coding on foot
1. Ask people to get into pairs.
2. Each pair must select a Sender and Receiver. The Sender will send a message via Morse code and the Receiver will decipher it.
3. The rules are:
- You can only use your feet to send the message via Morse code.
- The Sender and Receiver will receive a sheet of paper to help them. They cannot show this to anyone else.
- Both the Sender and Receiver can ask questions as long as they do not give any clues away!
- When the Receiver thinks they have the right message, they must get it checked by the facilitator.
4. Hand out the sheets below and ask the pairs to start Morse coding with their feet! Remember, part of this task is for each couple to figure out exactly how they will communicate with their feet.
5. You can debrief this training energiser any way you like. One option is by saying something along the lines of: “We all have a unique rhythm when we communicate, like Morse code. It is our responsibility at work to help others understand our rhythm. Once everyone understands each other we can take steps to optimise communication and achieve excellent work outcomes.”
Training tip: If your learners have Team Management Profiles, encourage them to share it with colleagues.
That’s the training game for today. Please share your thoughts and comments below as I would love to hear from you. Tomorrow we will walk through an energiser for the legs.
Check in tomorrow!